We recommend that you get a dental cleaning every six months, which help us prevent and detect future problems. These regular, thorough inspections of your mouth include all of the following:
- Examination of X-rays: We take a few x-rays to help us detect any decay, tumors, cysts, or bone loss.
- Oral Cancer Screening: We evaluate the neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: We check the gums and bones around the teeth for signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: We make sure each tooth is healthy and showing no signs of decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: If you have fillings, crowns, or sealants we will check their condition.
- Removal of Calculus (tartar): Calculus is plaque that has hardened over time and become firmly attached to the surface of a tooth in hard-to-reach places. Our special dental instruments allow us to remove the tartar that your own brushing and flossing can’t. This is very important, as untreated plaque and bacteria can make its way into the gums.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky film that forms on the surface of your teeth. It is food debris, saliva, and bacteria that will produce toxins that can inflame the gums and lead to periodontal disease.
- Teeth polishing: We polish your teeth to remove stains and plaque and brighten your smile.
When it comes to dental cleanings in Syracuse, UT, there’s no better place to go than Dr. Hansen’s Family Dentistry. Contact us to schedule a dental cleaning today!
Phone: (801) 525-1725
Address: 1747 Heritage Ln # B203, Syracuse, UT 84075
Send Us A Message
MON: 8AM - 5PM
TUES: 8AM - 5PM
WED: 12 - 7PM
FRI: 8AM - 2PM
SAT & SUN: CLOSED