We recommend that you get a dental cleaning every six months, which help us prevent and detect future problems. These regular, thorough inspections of your mouth include all of the following:
- Examination of X-rays: We take a few x-rays to help us detect any decay, tumors, cysts, or bone loss.
- Oral Cancer Screening: We evaluate the neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: We check the gums and bones around the teeth for signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: We make sure each tooth is healthy and showing no signs of decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: If you have fillings, crowns, or sealants we will check their condition.
- Removal of Calculus (tartar): Calculus is plaque that has hardened over time and become firmly attached to the surface of a tooth in hard-to-reach places. Our special dental instruments allow us to remove the tartar that your own brushing and flossing can’t. This is very important, as untreated plaque and bacteria can make its way into the gums.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky film that forms on the surface of your teeth. It is food debris, saliva, and bacteria that will produce toxins that can inflame the gums and lead to periodontal disease.
- Teeth polishing: We polish your teeth to remove stains and plaque and brighten your smile.
“Dr. Hansen’s family Dentistry is the best. They have always been able to make appointments for my whole family at the same time, and we have 6 of us. My kids always ask when we get to go back, they love it so much.”
“I’ve been going to Dr. Hansen’s Family Dentistry for about 13 years now, and there’s just nowhere else I’d go. Dr. Hansen has performed a wide range of dental work on me, from cleanings and fillings, to replacement bridge work and cosmetic procedures. I’ve always felt comfortable and taken care of while in the office, and always leave happy with the work that was done. Highly recommend this office!”
MON: 8AM - 5PM
TUES: 8AM - 5PM
WED: 12 - 7PM
FRI: 8AM - 2PM
SAT & SUN: CLOSED
Phone: (801) 525-1725
Address: 1747 Heritage Ln # B203, Syracuse, UT 84075